Monday, October 5, 2015

Manic Monday--week 2

"Playing dress up begins at age five and never truly ends"--Kate Spade

I must say last week was very busy for me personally and professionally.  The one thing I didn't have to worry about was "what am I going to wear today?"   Having my outfits, shoes, accessories and jewelry already laid out for the week made mornings run sooooo much smoother for me.  My daughter is a teenager and she isn't much of a morning person so I do spend a big part of my morning following up with her to make sure she stays "on task" to be ready to leave the house on time for school and work.  The more organized I am in the mornings the easier it is to get out the door.

I follow "The FLYLADY", I have for years.  She offers daily, weekly, monthly tips on how to be organized and clean up the clutter in "just 15 minutes a day."  I'm not sure when she first started but I have been following her since 2001.  I first purchased her book, "Sink Reflections" and loved the book.  I don't do everything she recommends, I probably should I would be VERY organized if I did. But planning what to wear the next day the night before was something she always recommended.  I'm just taking this a step farther and planning out a weeks worth of outfits.  This benefits me better as sometimes my evenings can be busy and I don't want to have to do that on a nightly basis.

While planning my outfits for this week the days temps are suppose to be in the 70's to low 80's but the early mornings will be high 50's to 60's, so lots of layering this week!  I do love the season of Autumn but it can make wardrobe planning a challenge with the warm days and cool nights!   Also this week is Senior Night at the football game so I'm thinking my blue jean pants will not do and I don't want to wear a dress, that would be too fancy.  This is what I came up with for week two's wardrobe,

Monday:  navy cotton tee, sunny yellow sweater and navy striped seersucker capris all by Croft & Barrow from Kohl's.  Shoes are Dexflex from ShopKo and necklace and earrings also from Kohl's.

Tuesday:  Black and white button down cotton shirt from Chadwicks of Boston, Boyfreind Capri jeans from Macy's and Shoes from Easy Spirit,  Silver hoop bracelet and earrings from Maurice's.

Wednesday:  Black sundress by Croft & Barrow from Kohl's, blue jean jacket from Coldwater Creek and shoes by Anne Klein Sport at Macy's and the necklace and earrings I bought at a nail salon for $8.  My blue jean jacket I have had for 11 years!  Proof that a well made classic styled item can last for YEARS!

Thursday:  This color combo is my favorite, navy and coral!  It's going to be in the 80's so I'm going sleeveless that day.  Navy crepe and lace top  and the coral cotton tank top both by a.n.a. bought at JC Penny's and the Navy and white paisley print capris by Docker's bought at Kohl's. Suede navy shoes by Boston Design.  Gold webbed bracelet I got at Kohl's about 4 years ago and the pearl drop earrings I bought on Amazon.

Friday:  It will be in the 60's and its Senior night at the football game so I wanted to look classy and be warm without having to wear a bulky coat so this is what I came up with.  Black knit turtle neck by Apt 9 from Kohl's, a reversible black and leopard print vest bought at Macy's a couple years ago, black suede pants by Coldwater Creek.  I have had these pants for 11 years and they are still a deep black color and still in great shape!  Leopard print shoes by Dexflex from ShopKo, I bought those a couple years ago.  My gold bracelet and earrings I bought on vacation 23 years ago.

The organization of my outfits for the week and my accessories and jewelry really does help to make my mornings run so much smoother!












No comments: