Monday, October 12, 2015

Manic Monday--Week 3

"Be yourself, nobody can do it better"---Tally Weijl

Well....living in Missouri always keeps me on my toes.  Friday it was almost 80 and by game time we were bundled up in our winter coats!  This week it will be 76 all week give or take a degree or two.  Sooooo the shorts and sleeveless shirts are not put away yet for fall/winter!

In one of my earlier blog posts I stated that if you buy classic pieces and take care of them they will last whether they are expensive or not.  This week's wardrobe ideas are a perfect example.  I DO NOT like to spend a lot of money on clothes.  I wait for sales, go thrifting or "shop" my closet.  I do appreciate name brands but I'm not loyal to them, I'm loyal to my pocketbook!  If I have an expensive piece I either got it thrifting or on sale, a big sale.  So here's what I've come up with for this warm October week in Missouri.

Monday:  Pink Flowered sheath dress by Faded Glory at Walmart (after my daughter was born and she is 17!), Pink jeweled sandles from my nail salon on sale for $19 (3 yrs ago),  pearl drop earrings on Amazon a couple years ago.

Tuesday:  Blue and black sleeveless button down shirt Chadwicks $20, Black Linen Shirts from Faded Glory at Kohl's (5 years ago), Black Flower burst sandles and Black and white neckless, earrings and bracelet all from Kohl's (1 year ago).

Wednesday:  Nike Coral tee and Tan Lee shorts both from Kohl's (2years ago), Tan sparkle sandles from Amazon $15, my niece had a pair at a wedding  3 years ago and I loved them so much I went on an online search to find them! :). I got them 3 yrs ago!  Silver earrings Kohl's.

Thursday:  Pink and peach polka dot sleeveless shirt by Chadwicks bought it last year on sale for $20,  brown shorts from Docker's  at Kohl's (3 years ago!),  Vera Wang Brown flower sandles also from Kohl's (1 year ago), Pink and peach neckless and earrings from Maurice's both for $10 (3 years ago).

Friday:  White "Mickey and Co" cotton sleeveless shirt at Walmart (10 years ago), blue striped seersucker shorts by Lee at Kohl's (2 years ago), sliver/pewter sandles by Vera Wang also at Kohl's (1 year ago), silver drop earrings from Coldwater Creek (about 10/11 years ago)

As you can see these pieces have stood the test of time...only one item was a somewhat recent purchase and that was the Blue and Black sleeveless top from Chadwicks.  It also wasn't an impulse purchase either.  I found myself wearing the same colors over and over so I took a color inventory of my clothes and felt I needed a couple of dark blue and navy pieces in my wardrobe.  I look good in blue and found that I really didn't have much of that color in my closet! I waited until it went on sale and I had a coupon, SCORE!

  The sheath dress is my oldest piece, probably the oldest one in my entire closet! LOL. But it is well made, I've always hung it to dry and almost every time I wear it I get compliments on the dress.  Pink and Coral are my favorite colors and it looks well on me and is comfortable to wear,  I can "be myself" in that dress! ;).













No comments: