Monday, September 28, 2015

A Fashionista I'm NOT!

"Fashion is what you're offered four times a year by Designers.  Style is what you choose."--Lauren Hutton.

Let's be perfectly clear, I'm NOT a fashionista!  I do enjoy flipping through fashion magazines, going out on Pinterest, and seeing what the latest "Celebs" consider to be fashionable.  But no matter what is in fashion bottom line I'm gonna wear what I can afford and what is comfortable and looks good on me.  I'm in my fifties and I'm a few pounds heavier than I'd like to be.  I'm working on the weight thing but in the mean time it DOES NOT mean that I can't look stylish in the process right?!?

My sense of style leans toward classic looks.  I may have a trendy piece here or there added in for interest but I feel if I'm going to purchase something then I'd like to be able to wear it more than a season or two.  Most of the outfits I will be putting together on "Manic Monday's" are between $50-$100 for the entire ensemble.

I shop sales, I use coupons, I go thrifting, but I'm not a shopaholic.  I will often come across things when I have to shop for others.  Honestly I hate the whole clothing shopping process to be truthful.  I HATE trying on clothes and fighting crowds but I do love scoring an awesome piece of clothing at a great price!  Also I'm the type if I see a style or brand that I like I will sometimes get a couple in different colors.  I like to stay with what "works" for me.

I will list my daily picks and list the cost if they were somewhat recent purchases, (in the last year or two) and I'll list the brands and where I purchased the items.  Keep in mind I have had some items for YEARS!  Classic pieces never go out of style and if you take care of your clothes and also the items are of good quality they will last!  And yes you can fine bad quality from Walmart to Macy's but you can find good quality too, you just have to know what to look for.  But that subject I will cover in another blog down the road.

Monday:  Black and White Floral Sundress by Croft & Barrow  19.99 on clearance at Kohl's.  Faded Glory Black sandals 9.99 at Walmart.  Gold necklace & bracelet (gift) and pearl drop earrings 5.99 Amazon.

Tuesday:  Yellow Polo shirt by Croft & Barrow 7.99 on clearance at Kohl's.  I bought four in different colors because the price was so cheap.  Brown shorts by Dockers 9.99,  Simply Vera Brown sandals $17.99, Gold hammered bracelet and earrings 12.99 all from Kohl's.

Wednesday:  Red & White Paisley Button down shirt by Chadwicks $19.99, Style & Co boyfriend Capris $19.99 from Macy's, Ruby shoes by Ollio from Amazon, White Drop Earrings 5.00 from Kohl's.

Thursday:  Navy Polo by Faded Glory from Walmart $5.99, Croft & Barrow Seersucker navy stripe Capris $9.99 at Kohl's, Silver "ball" necklace from Maurice's , Silver Teardrop Earrings from Coldwater Creek, Navy & White striped Shoes by Dexflex $19.99 at ShopKo on sale.

Friday:  Smithville Warrior T-Shirt $12.99 from our local grocery store and it is well made and one of my favorite "Warrior" shirts!  Style & Co Capris from Macy's, ID bracelet (gift from my HS graduation 35 years ago!) and silver earrings $10.00 Maurice's and Black shoes e 360 by Easyspirit $15.99.

Until I come up with a better method I have one jewelry drawer divided using old jewelry boxes with the days written to keep my pieces organized until I'm ready to wear them.  I also have a hook on my closet door where I will be hanging my outfits until the day that I need them.


















No comments: